Monday, September 7, 2015

Sunday Funday No.2 Movies + More

Well Suhanas,This sunday funday post is a little late because I just rolled home from a party in Chapel Hill. So really, its Monday! But given its a long weekend we can roll with it right?

First things first- today was the first day I wore my Chloe and Isabel jewelry out about town- when I went to go see Shaun the Sheep with Bun and also to a desi party tonight





The pieces I wore were





Earrings Chloe + Isabel $48 | Bracelet Chloe + Isabel $48



I had a bit of a lazy saturday yesterday. So between a lazy friday and a lazy saturday I binged on a few movies. I go through phases of watching bollywood and taking long breaks, this weekend, I embraced it all the way. On Friday night I watched ABCD2 and Dil Dhadakne Do. Saturday I rewatched an oldie Main Hoon Na.

ABCD 2



Prabhu Deva's dancing is awesome! Varun Dhawan is a super hottie and does the Mumbai Tapori schtick really well and his dancing was definitely on par with Prabhu Deva. I didn't think Shraddha Kapoor had the dancing skills of the boys but still did her part well and her mini romance arc with Varun was cute. Definitely a sweet disney movie, I might even let Bun watch it sometime




Dil Dhadakne Do

The two best things about this movie was the beautiful mediterannean riviera and Priyanka chopra's pin curls. Girl was rocking that hairstyle like a boss. Anushka and Ranveer had great chemistry and I felt like the Rahul Bose/PC arc was handled poorly, there should have been more depth in their misery. It ran a little too long at almost 3 hours but it was definitely timepass



Main Hoon Na.

So this was my favorite movie of the weekend. Its no surprise that Farah Khan can really make a satisfying commercial Masala movie. Shahrukh was "on fleek" with his shahrukh-ness in this one. I actually felt bad that Amrita Rao and Zayed Khans careers petered out, because they both had oodles of charm and charisma in this movie. Sushmita's sen's Sarees are going to get their own post soon. This movie was just one long ::squee::


No comments:

Post a Comment