Wednesday, September 16, 2015

30 Day Little Black Dress Challenge- An alternative to Burpees + Rest Day 1 Recap



Hi Suhanas,

Wanted to post a quick recap and update on how the 30 Day Little Black Dress challenge is progressing.

Day 1: Fairly simply and I did the exercise straight through
Day 2: I was uncomfortable with doing burpees, so I changed it to Full body extensions (See below) and a few pushups. I did the rest of the exercises according to plan. Did a short 15 minute dance workout
Day 3: It was my hardest day yet. I had one hour of Bollywood/Masala Bhangra workout and didn't get home until really late. Almost didn't do the workout but forced myself to do the reps and was very proud of myself for doing it.

Only regret is I didn't get a #stayingstrong selfie last night.

How to do a Full Body Extension

Although this looks easy, I promise it gives a great burn after a few reps. I definitely did not feel that I wasn't getting a good workout. Given my muscles are not used to intense exercise I felt that burpees would be too strenuous on my knees  

You can read more about my 30 Day LBD Challenge here. You can also follow the challenge on my twitter @NainaDG



No comments:

Post a Comment